TeachingGrade 1 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED March 7th, 2023 at 10:00am April 30th, 2023 at 10:00am
Ten-Broeck is a trauma informed school that deeply believes in connection and relationship with each child and family. The Ten-Broeck staff is a collaborative and supportive team that works together to do what is best for vulnerable kids. If you are interested in making a positive difference in the lives of children and want to make a difference in a culturally diverse environment, Ten-Broeck could be a great fit for you.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - The applicant list is monitored daily and will be closed immediately following the appointment of a successful applicant, who will start as soon as possible and remain in the position until June 30, 2023.
• Elementary teacher training with major practicum at the Primary level
• Successful teaching experience at the Primary level
• Coursework in Early Childhood Education
• Eligible for B.C. Certification
• Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports
• Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Primary program
• Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge and recent experience with a balanced literacy program including guided reading and assessment
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment.
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstance
View our Teaching Competencies
Submit your application
Please submit your application before April 30, 2023 - 10:00amApply Now
Current employees of the Abbotsford School District may apply for this job using the AMS Job Posting portal.