TeachingGrade 2/3 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED February 23rd, 2023 at 12:05pm April 30th, 2023 at 10:00am
Dave Kandal Elementary welcomes and supports 200 students across 9 divisions. We offer a safe and caring learning environment, and work hard to provide a place where both staff and students feel safe and welcome. Dave Kandal Elementary supports a large number of multi language learners. The entire team including enrolling, non-enrolling, and admin work collaboratively to support the variety of needs of our students. Staff work across classrooms in providing programs such as response to intervention to meet the needs of our learners.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - The applicant list is monitored daily and will be closed immediately following the appointment of a successful applicant, who will start as soon as possible and remain in the position until June 30, 2023.
Elementary teacher training with major practicum/work experience at the Primary level
Successful teaching experience at the Primary level
Eligible for B.C. Certification
Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports
Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Primary program
Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge and recent experience with a balanced literacy program including guided reading and assessment
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment.
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstance
View our Teaching Competencies
Submit your application
Please submit your application before April 30, 2023 - 10:00amApply Now
Current employees of the Abbotsford School District may apply for this job using the AMS Job Posting portal.