TeachingGrade 3 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED February 20th, 2023 at 10:54am April 30th, 2023 at 10:00am
Located in the heart of Abbotsford, John Maclure Community School is a hidden gem in the city of Abbotsford. Once you find your way to Maclure however, you will never want to leave! Our families are amazing, and we have a strong, experienced staff that are eager to support new teachers as they get settled and feeling at home. We boast a strong athletic program as well as offer before and after school programs for our students. If you are just starting out in your career, or just looking to relocate, John Maclure Community School is a place you want to check out.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - The applicant list is monitored daily and will be closed immediately following the appointment of a successful applicant, who will start as soon as possible and remain in the position until June 30, 2023.
• Elementary teacher training with major practicum/work experience at the Primary level
• Successful teaching experience at the Primary level
• Eligible for B.C. Certification
• Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports
• Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Primary program
• Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge and recent experience with a balanced literacy program including guided reading and assessment
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment.
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstance
View our Teaching Competencies
Submit your application
Please submit your application before April 30, 2023 - 10:00amApply Now
Current employees of the Abbotsford School District may apply for this job using the AMS Job Posting portal.