TeachingGrade 7 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED February 21st, 2023 at 9:23pm April 30th, 2023 at 10:00am
Colleen and Gordie Howe Middle School is in central Abbotsford. We have a student enrollment of 550; 13% of our students have designations for diverse needs and 6% of our students receive ELL support. We have a vibrant Indigenous program that supports our Indigenous students. Our school goal focused on building protective factors in our students through engaging learning opportunities, physical and mental wellness, sensory regulation, restorative justice, and literacy/numeracy development. Howe Middle is a RULER school (https://yceu.org/ruler).
The successful candidate will be committed to working collaboratively with Howe Middle teachers, support staff and administration. They should have a breadth of knowledge and experience in the areas of social-emotional learning (including self-regulation), trauma-focused practice, Universal Design for Learning, Inquiry based learning and differentiated instruction.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - The applicant list is monitored daily and will be closed immediately following the appointment of a successful applicant, who will start as soon as possible and remain in the position until June 30, 2023.
- Teacher training and practicum at the Middle school level
- Experience teaching at the Middle school level
- Eligible for B.C. Certification
- Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports
- Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of Middle school philosophy
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment.
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstance
View our Teaching Competencies
Submit your application
Please submit your application before April 30, 2023 - 10:00amApply Now
Current employees of the Abbotsford School District may apply for this job using the AMS Job Posting portal.