TeachingLibrary Learning Commons - OPEN UNTIL FILLED February 21st, 2023 at 9:32pm April 30th, 2023 at 10:00am
Our program at North Poplar Campus of the Abbotsford School of Integrated Arts is based on an integrated arts philosophy. Students will experience a fusion of the core curriculum: Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math, and the four arts: music, drama, dance, and visual arts. OPEN UNTIL FILLED - The applicant list is monitored daily and will be closed immediately following the appointment of a successful applicant, who will start as soon as possible and remain in the position until May 12, 2023.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - The applicant list is monitored daily and will be closed immediately following the appointment of a successful applicant, who will start as soon as possible and remain in the position until June 30, 2023.
- University level preparation or significant experience in the Teacher Librarianship*
- Training/Experience at the elementary level
- Demonstrated successful teaching practice using integrated technology
- Successfully complete and maintain non-violent crisis intervention certification
- Eligible for B.C. Certification
- Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports
*Note: If there are no qualified applicants, applicants who do not possess the qualifications for this assignment may be considered provided they are willing to undertake a program of professional study to become fully qualified as per the criteria set out in this posting. ** May not be required for a temporary 3.5 month position.
Teacher Librarian coursework is available at the following universities:
- Queens University: BC Post-Grad Certificate – Teacher Librarian
- University of Alberta: Library and Information Studies
- UBC: Teacher-Librarianship (LIBE)
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate effective instructional design to co-plan, teach and assess learning.
- Demonstrated ability to use digital literacy to develop students’ Core Competencies (Communication, Thinking, Personal and Social Responsibility and Cultural Identity)
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment.
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstance
View our Teaching Competencies
Submit your application
Please submit your application before April 30, 2023 - 10:00amApply Now
Current employees of the Abbotsford School District may apply for this job using the AMS Job Posting portal.