It is possible that you or your dependents may require emergency medical treatment while travelling outside your province of residence.

In such a case, the Medical Services Plan of B.C. would cover a portion of the cost and, generally speaking, the extended health benefits plan would pay for all or a portion of the cost of out-of province emergency eligible medical expenses only.  Expenses incurred while out of country or province must be paid for by you first and then submitted for reimbursement upon your return.

Refer to your Teacher’s Benefit Booklet (PDF) for eligible and ineligible expenses.